photo bucket: Courtney Dirks
I have been thinking a LOT lately about my “life.” I’m coming to a pretty big day in my life next week (birthday, and it’s a BIG one!) and it really has me thinking a lot about well “life.”
As a child I heard and now fully understand and appreciate that “this is it; there is NO dress rehearsal, you get one life and it is happening… NOW!”
Being that I am a pretty organized person, just ask my family, I make lists for everything, shopping, things we need when we go away, daily tasks, cleaning, I’ll admit it I’m a little organizationally ADD. However, it keeps me on my toes!
In thinking about my life I and what do I want for the next half it only seemed “natural” for me to make a list of; the top 10 things I am going to write:
1. 100 Things I’d like to do in my life: My bucket list of the places I want to go, local and far, and things I’d really like to do. I have heard about these, have friends who have had them and have checked things off already. It is time for me to sit down and come up with the top 100 things I’d like to do sometime in the rest of my life.
2. The 10 Best Days of my life: In looking back at my life I am sure I can come up with 10 Days that changed my life and made me who I am today.
3. The 10 Best Books that I read or Movies that I have seen: I have always loved a good book and a great movie. This is an opportunity to acknowledge that the arts and literature have had an effect upon my life and how.
4. 5 Special Friends that I have had: I always have loved the saying “People come into your life for a Reason, Season or a Lifetime.” This is my chance to write about each and how they have made my life what it is today.
5. 10 People who most helped me in my life: Each of us meet people as we go through life, many of them help us or have an influence upon us. Sometimes we may not realize their influence at the time. Quite often we forget or do not get a chance to thank them. This list is an opportunity to acknowledge those people and to express my thanks.
6. 5 of the Best Recipes I ever made: This one will be fun as I have made some wonderful things over my last 25 years or so of cooking. But limiting it to 5 maybe a little tough.
7. The Top 10 things I am most proud about: Taking time to pat yourself on the back is important from time to time. This will be my top 5 things in my life thus far.
8. 10 things that gave me most pleasure: We all have things, things given to us as gifts, things we buy ourselves and things we find. Some of these things just come and go and are forgotten about but other things make an impression upon us for some reason, maybe their beauty, maybe their cost, maybe because of the circumstances in which they came into our possession. Here is a chance to identify the best things I ever had and why they gave me pleasure.
9. My top 10 favorite photographs: Now you have to know I love taking photos and have gotten my albums organized (surprised?) through 2003, OK, I’m a little behind there but I also have some scrapbooking to catch up on so they go hand in hand. In any event this should be fun!
10. The top 10 “little things” that I have loved in my life: Sometimes it is the little things that make a day bright, or a simple gesture that changed something.. This is my chance to remind myself of those things I have adored and why.
I’m going to make it a weekly challenge for the next 10 weeks to tackle this list. If you made a list like this what would you include? For any of my #sits31dbb ladies i’d love to see your next list post, join the linky below!