photo credit: steven depolo
For my friends who followed me as we went through the ProBlogger 31 days to build a better blog challenge; we know some days were more writing then reading. However I believe Day 6 was probably the most reading…
I know it was practically impossible to read all of this in one sitting and none the less in 15 minutes (ha-ha Darren) so I would like to take today to go back to Day 6: 27-Must-Read Tips and Tutorials for Bloggers and take a few hours and see if you can read all 27 tutorials.
1. Build a brand, you are building a brand with everything you do online (even comments on other peoples blogs).
2. Be consistent and focused on your brand and topic in all your posts, have foundation, cornerstone articles/eBook/training course/how to etc. (your brand again!) around which everything is built.
3. Generously share your expertise freely and add your value (i.e. your brand) to other blogs.
4. Use large creative commons images, they look better than paid for stock photos.
5. Be the expert or be unique in your niche and give, give give.
6. Post consistently i.e. fulfill the expectations you have set. Setup an editorial calendar and record all your past post topics in it (we will def rework this one!).
7. Include links to your blog in all your outside social media profiles (e.g. twitter, LinkedIn, facebook etc).
9. Have a long term strategy. How does this article improve my blog as a whole and my brand.
10. Make sure your titles are SEO friendly (include keywords) and at the same time catchy and attention grabbing.
• Did you read all 27 posts?
• Which of these posts and authors resonated with you the most?
• List one nugget of bloggy wisdom you learned that you want to share with the group?
In case you missed last week’s review challenge: Day 14: Update a Key Page.
And in case you haven’t seen our little grad button over on the forum here it is!
When you are finished with your reading leave a commenthere answering the questions and if you wrote a post today link it here so the lady before you can come and visit and leave you some bloggy love!