Happy Wednesday everyone! How is everyone doing? Three days into this… If we have any new guests jumping in today, please jump back to Day 1’s discussion. Please remember when working on your daily task, you are to review what Darren has to say for the day, answer the questions below on our daily comments and leave your link to your daily post. Now the important thing here, support, support, support, please take a moment to visit the lovely lady who left a comment before you and check out her daily post and leave her a comment, this will keep us all working together helping each other!
• Promoting individual blog posts tends to be far more effective than the main URL.
• Choose what you think are your best posts and promote selectively.
• Ask another blogger to consider linking to your post.
• Along with increasing readership by linking posts to social networking sites, you can promote select links in social bookmarking sites like Digg and StumbleUpon.
• Create internal links within your own website and pitch your best posts to other bloggers to link to.
• Add a link to your blog on email but also link to a recent post not just the site URL
• Take a few moments to look through the bloggy connections you have and think about who might be open to helping you promote this post.
1. Where do you promote blog posts other than on Twitter or Facebook?
2. What sites/forums have worked best in driving traffic to your site?
3. Does anyone use Digg or StumbleUpon, how has it worked?
Today’s Task: Take a moment to look at yesterday’s post and ask yourself where it might be appropriate to promote it. If you would rather use something else feel free to do that the important thing is to try and promote this post. OK, how did it go?
And please don’t forget to answer the questions and stop by the lovely lady before you! If you are posting your work a bit late please visit the ladies before you that way everyone is getting support.
*on a side note for all of you who just set up your twitter accounts I have a new tutorial; how to “tweet.”
Update: *I’d like to thank the lovely ladies of SITS whose site hosted our Problogger Winter 31 Day Challenge.
If you are just joining us “welcome” and feel free to answer the questions here and leave a link to your post if you wrote one and we can keep the party going! Woot Woot