Well ladies here we are Day 10, two weeks completed and 1/3 of the way through the challenge! Can I get a Woot Woot! I know there is a LOT of information that we have gone through in these two weeks and I’m hoping that this is helping you shape your blog and fill your head with lots of good ideas. We spent Day 4 Analyzing a Top Blogger in our Niche. And through this 31day challenge a lot of us figured out what our Niche is.
• In addition to writing actual blog posts; watching, monitoring, reading and listening to what others are saying are important activities.
• Reasons to be aware of what others are talking about in your niche include getting ideas for new posts, being aware of breaking news, profile building, networking, and managing your reputation.
• You can set up alerts through different sources including Twitter Alerts and Google News and Blog Alerts.
Types of alerts to set up include words relevant to your blog’s niche or your industry ie “wedding dress” if you blog about weddings and ‘vanity alerts’, which are keywords like your name, blog name, or company name.
1) Have you ever used alerts for your blog or otherwise? How was it useful?
2) What keywords did you use to set up alerts for today’s task?
Please take a moment to answer the questions and hop over to the sista before you. As always, if you’ve posted today – about the topic, or in general – please leave a link! Try to visit at least one other 31DBBB participant and leave a comment today, the comment and linky love so far has been absolutely amazing.
Enjoy the weekend, if you have some time review, or read ahead or stop and spread some more bloggy love. And come back bright and early Monday with your mug of java in your hand refreshed and ready to rock!
Update: *I’d like to thank the lovely ladies of SITS whose site hosted our Problogger Winter 31 Day Challenge.
If you are just joining us “welcome” and feel free to answer the questions here and leave a link to your post if you wrote one and we can keep the party going!