Good Morning Ladies! Happy Monday, hope you all have your java, your e-copy of 31 Days to Build a Better Blog and your keyboard ready to rock and roll! As you know I have been pretty excited about working on this with all of you fine ladies and hope we can help each other and improve our sites. So let’s get this party started… *Music please… there must be some kind of dancing music… small note, Shelley loves to dance, usually in the kitchen…
How this is going to work:
Each morning in the wee hours of the morning eastern standard time I will put up a discussion on the SITS Girls Community Forum. At last count 250+ fine ladies have responded to the party, and I hope that this is like a “real” party where everyone shows up… in this case… daily… Just look for Day 1-31 and the name of the activity in the title. I will try my best to have each discussion include a summary of key concepts and questions for you to answer and a little humor.
What I’m asking of each of you:
Please come! You can come dressed as you are; pj’s, slippers, curlers, sweats… bring coffee, tea or vodka if that’s your early morning thing… however, just please continue to come or I will get a complex and will start to cry and well we don’t want that to happen now, do we?
• Please follow me on Twitter as I will be putting updates and little inspirations there for the group. I have set up a list there too which you can join if I have not got you up there already.
If you do not have a twitter read my tutorial on how to set one up, I will be doing a follow up this week on how to actually use it once you set it up.
• Read each daily lesson in the e-book and take the 15 minutes or so Darren says each task should take.
• Answer the questions on the forum each day when you sign in for the morning roll call.
• Each day, after reviewing Darren’s lesson and writing your post, and answering our daily forum questions visit the blogger who posts directly before you and leave them a comment. This is what will keep the discussion going and help everyone gain knowledge from others’ experiences.
How will this party help you?
Well, you can rest assure that this isn’t a party where you will worry about gaining weight at unless you decide to spend the whole time eating Krispy Kreme Donuts while working, and I don’t want to be responsible for that so I’m gonna say “no donuts allowed!” Sorry, it’s all about the “healthy” makeover!
However you will gain some new knowledge from the Zen master (aka Mr.ProBlogger-Darren Rowse) and will spend time with some wonderful and fun women just like yourself who each have things we can learn from.
I will be posting a weekly wrap up on my site so stop by there if you miss anything along the way…
I know this is an awesome program and know there are a handful of ladies who are doing this who for one reason or another previously started but never finished… Let’s see if we can challenge each other and finish strong!
I’m thinking of some kind of “grand finale” with a prize of some kind… Hmm, maybe stop by and give me some ideas I’d love to hear some of them… ok; we can leave out the trips to Disney or Paris… I don’t think my hubby would be happy about that! LoL
OK, 5…4…3…2…1… “Happy 31 Days to Building a Better Blog Party is off…”
Day 1 Task: Write an Elevator Pitch for Your Blog
• Try to solve a problem or need.
• Define your audience and keep it clear, short, and intriguing.
• In creating the pitch, brainstorm keywords related to your blog.
• It is good to have different lengths of pitches.
• Once you have one use it “everywhere” on your email, business cards etc.
What is your short elevator pitch?
Did completing this task change your blog, or change the way you think about your blog?
Please be sure to leave a link to your full post so that others can visit and comment.
Update: *I’d like to thank the lovely ladies of SITS whose site hosted our Problogger Winter 31 Day Challenge.
If you are just joining us “welcome” and feel free to answer the questions here and leave a link to your elevator pitch post if you wrote one and we can keep the party going! Woot Woot!