Happy Thursday, you know what that means to me; “Hello to all of our ProBlogger 31dbbb participants!” and those of you who want to review the program in a more leisurely manner…
Today we are going back… way back… to the beginning of the ProBlogger challenge and to Day 2: Write a List Post.
The purpose of a list post is to provide your readers with information that is easy to read and spread. And after going through the challenge we all learned that people like to read these… So let’s take a few moments to discuss why…
• Lists can be serious or fun
• List posts are often amongst a blog’s most popular posts
Let’s take a look at the 10 Steps to build the perfect list via ProBlogger
1. Decide on the number of items in the list
2. Keep each item in the list similar
3. Brainstorm more items than you need
4. Order the list logically
5. Break very long lists into sections
6. Consider making your list a series
7. Be consistent in how you write each item
8. Always number the items
9. Invite readers to add to the list
10. Choose a great title
If you would like to go back and review the original Day 2 in the challenge I have linked it here
Remember that if your head is running on empty at the moment you can always hop over to Digg or Delicious for popular stories which might inspire you to write a list post.
Do you have a great tip for writing list posts?
Have you had any hugely successful lists on your blog?
Homework for this week:
Answer the above questions below in comments