- Wounds: Eucalyptus essential oil is a good antiseptic owing to its germicidal properties. On its exposure to air, ozone is formed which is a well-known antiseptic. Hence eucalyptus oil is used for healing wounds, ulcers, burns, cuts, abrasions and sores. It is also effective on insect bites and stings.
- Soaps: Eucalyptus oil has applications in soaps, detergents and household cleaners as well.
- Room Freshener: The antiseptic and deodorant nature of eucalyptus oil makes it a perfect room freshener for hospitals and sickbed atmosphere. It also kills bacteria and germs in the air and hence keeps the room environment clean.
- Dental Care: Eucalyptus essential oil is very effective against cavities, dental plaques, gingivitis and other dental infections due to its germicidal properties. However do not swallow!
- This oil is well known to give relief from sinus infections, blocked nose, common cold, bronchitis, flu and other respiratory diseases. To treat these health conditions, apply a few drops of eucalyptus oil on the handkerchief and inhale it at regular time intervals. Another best way is to put a few eucalyptus oil drops in the bath water. Massaging a small drop onto the temples and the spot where your forehead meet the nose can relieve any sinus congestion.
- Protects Pets: Add a little amount of eucalyptus oil to the pet dog’s bath water to protect them from ticks and other parasites.
- Eucalyptus oil is very effective for sore throat problems. Add a couple of eucalyptus oil drops to a glass of warm water and gargle with it. This remedy reduces soreness and gives better relief.
- Eucalyptus oil can also be used as an air purifier. Put it in a diffuser and germs and airborne bacteria will be killed by it.
- Muscle Pain Relief: Eucalyptus oils are a popular treatment for sore muscles because you can simply massage them into the afflicted area and get instant results. Everything from minor problems such as stiff or sore muscles to serious problems like sprained ligaments and nerve pain can be relieved through a Eucalyptus oil massage.
- Household helper: To remove stubborn stickers, rub cloth with a few drops of eucalyptus oil on it and peel away.
If you liked this post and want to find out more about herbs and aromatherapy check out:
Please follow and like us: