1. Run ourselves into credit card debit that it would take years to clean up…
2. Moved 4 times in the first 3 years of marriage, once bringing a lovely family of cockroaches over to my in-laws who were ever so “pleased” with me for doing so!
3. Given birth to a premature daughter after having just about everything that can go wrong during a pregnancy including a car accident that would leave me confined to the hospital for my last 2 months of pregnancy to end in 26 and a half hours of labor with Pitocin to be followed up with a c-section birth of a 32 week preemie with 0 Apgar scores who we were told EVERYTHING would be wrong with.(Although, happily that time they were wrong as she is now a beautiful and intelligent almost 21 year old college senior.)
4. Started a business with 2 creeps and then had to pay a lawyer to get out of that situation.
5. Traveled to Antigua, Hawaii, the beach, Palm Beach, Miami, LA, and of course Disney at least 20 something times, … (which was pretty much my idea)
6. Given birth a second time under the same crappy “Toxemia/Pre–eclampsia Diagnosis” and this time having another 32 week preemie that ended up with cerebral palsy and a seizure disorder and all that goes along with that…
7. Created a daughter so beautiful on the outside as well as on the inside that she would be crowned Miss Maryland Teen America and go on to hold the title of Miss Continental Teen America who has became an advocate for the disabled.
8. Created not only 1 but 2 successful businesses that originated from our daughter’s disability and how through her life challenges so many children’s lives have been changed and improved.
9. Ooo so many medical issues, weigh gains, weight losses, medication, and major stress to the point of driving issues, hives and panic attacks.
10. Made it through a huge legal fallout from the sale of a company and everything that went with that…
I can say this through thick and thin we have stuck it out together! I’m still standing. One might ask would I do this all over again. “I do.” That was my answer 24 years ago, “For better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part” and “I do” would be my answer again! Happy anniversary honey, I love you with all of my heart!